Residential Electrical Service
The highly-skilled electricians at Direct Current provide residents in Arlington & Alexandria, VA and the greater Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia areas with professional and reliable electrical service, repair and installation.
FREE PHONE ESTIMATES FOR ELECTRICAL SERVICES Design & estimate fees are waived if the job is awarded while on site.
Our Electrical Services
From installing a ceiling fan in Alexandria, to rewiring an entire home in Washington, D.C., to providing an electrical service upgrade in Arlington, VA, we are the experienced team you can count on for all of your electrical services including:
- Troubleshooting indoor & outdoor electrical issues
- Indoor & outdoor wiring installation
- Servicing recessed or under-counter lighting
- Residential voice, data & video cabling
- Smoke detectors
- Switches & electrical outlets
- New construction
- Home electrical safety inspection
- Electrical service upgrade
- Bath, attic & ceiling fans
- Surge arrestors
We specialize in electrical wiring for construction and remodeling projects including basements, bathrooms, additions, detached garages, hot tubs, panel upgrades, generators and meters.
Home Electrical Safety Inspection
Electrical problems are one of the leading causes of home fires. Faulty wiring, loose connections or improper grounding are often to blame. Call us today and we will schedule an appointment for a home inspection of these and other items listed below, or ask our electricians to perform this service while he is on-site for the service call.
- Check all GFI outlets for proper function
- Test smoke detectors with approved smoke
- Check panel grounding electrodes
- Check all panel connections and terminals
- Apply oxidation agent to all aluminum terminations
- Check wires for proper over current protection
- Check for surge protection at panel
- Infrared scan of all internal connections
We work with homeowners in any capacity they need in order for us to get the job done. We will pull the permit or in some jurisdictions the home owner can pull the building or trades permits. We will meet the inspector or have the homeowner meet the government or third-party representative. We offer free phone estimates on work and are willing to give our professional advice on how to approach any part of a home electrical system.